Tuesday, June 25, 2019

IF YOU WANT IT REALLY FUCKED UP, TAKE IT TO THE DMV

by Bob Walsh

The CA DMV has had an awful time of late. Seems like they can't do anything right. They thought they MAYBE had it right with the REAL ID but they didn't, but maybe they did, sort-of. I know when I went in to get my REAL ID earlier this year (necessary to buy firearms now, and maybe ammo in CA as of July 1) I had all the right paperwork, and I THINK they got it recorded right, and two different people looked it all over and verified it looked all right. Then I got a form letter from DMV that said "Sorry, we screwed the pooch" and that they buggered up my second address verification. They also said that the letter they sent me could serve as the second address verification, and all I had to do was check the right box, sign it, and send it back in the enclosed self-addressed and stamped letter and it would all be good. And maybe it is, for me anyway.

That being said DMV is shutting down ALL of it's offices a half day on July 24 so they can train their staff in how to un-fuck themselves. It might work. And the sun might rise in the West tomorrow morning.

Maybe if they quit spending all their time registering illegal aliens to vote they could perform their core functions correctly.

2 comments:

Trey Rusk said...

Governor Gregg Abbott notified DPS this year that they would reduce wait times at all drivers license offices or he would fire the director and his cronies. It seems to be working. The entire system is being revamped. We'll see.

BeavisHead said...

Ca dmv is totally messed up. I always had insurance and it never lapsed. They wanted a copy of my insurance, so I sent it. Then they sent me a suspension notice. They do not answer the phone. I am pretty certain that the dept of corrections inmates could do a much better job!