Sunday, April 11, 2010

THAT GUY IN TEXAS

Robert P. Watson, Ph.D., Coordinator of American Studies at Lynn University, compiled what he called an “impressive” list of 90 Obama accomplishments. At the end of the list he wrote, “How soon people forget about the accomplishments, but only focus on the color.” Oh yeah Professor “Leftie” Watson, go ahead and play the race card.

A long-time friend of mine received that list from his son who wrote, “Here is a list of Obama's accomplishments to date to counter that guy in Texas.”

This is how a former student of mine reacted to Watson’s “impressive” list of 90 accomplishments: I see MANY plans but only a FEW results.

I responded directly to my friend’s son and here is what I wrote:

I'm "that guy in Texas" and I'm not the least bit impressed by that list of accomplishments. A few of them are well and good, but most of them must have been pulled off a left-wing salivating wish list.

Just so you'll know something about me, I came to the U.S. in 1936 as a refugee from Nazi Germany. Both sets of my grandparents disappeared in the Nazi concentration camps. On my 17th birthday I enlisted in the U.S. Army and proudly served in the Pacific. I spent 13 years on the streets as a law enforcement officer and 25 years as a professor of criminal justice. I have been retired since 1993.

My experiences as a refugee, soldier and cop have given me more realistic perspectives on life than those of the intellectually elite. During my college days I was a true left-winger but that changed as I gradually began to see the light of day.

Because I am so acutely aware of the persecution of Jews throughout the world, I know that Israel is the only - yes, the only - place of refuge for the Jews who are not wanted in their native lands. And I also know that the Palestinians - including the "moderate" Fatah faction - are committed to the eventual destruction of the Jewish state. Abbas may refer to a two-state solution when he speaks in English, but time after time, including lately, he has vowed in Arabic that there will be only one state, a Palestinian state "from the river to the sea" - i.e. there will be no "Zionist entity."

There has never been a more anti-Israeli president than Barack Obama. Hillary Cinton is the most anti-Israeli Secretary of State since James Baker. These two enemies of a secure Israel, along with their shameful Jewish lapdogs (Rham Emanuel and David Axelrod), are determined to woo the Muslim world at the expense of the only democracy in the Middle East. Their expressions of solidarity with Israel are a pack of downright lies. Their policies, if carried out to fruition, will lead to the eventual extermination of the Jewish state, make no mistake about it.

Any American Jew who continues to support Obama ought to be ashamed of himself/herself. And if you are an Obama supporter, as I suspect you are, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for supporting a president who tries to suck up to his beloved Muslims by throwing the Jewish state under the bus.

As for that list of accomplishments, you know where you can stick it - a place where the sun never shines.

No comments: