Friday, August 08, 2014

FIRE THIS 911 OPERATOR

An idiot 911 operator told an 80-year-old Florida woman to put her gun down as she was defending herself against a burglar breaking into her home

This happened around August 1. None of the reports that carried this story gave the date of the attempted burglary.

NJ Logan, an 80-year-old grandmother, was alone in her Holmes Beach, Florida home while recovering from hip replacement surgery. While she was upstairs round 2;30 p.m., she heard the noise of braking glass. She grabbed the revolver she always kept at her side and rushed downstairs on her new hip. When she saw that a burglar was attempting to break in, she called 911 to report the break-in and advised the dispatcher she had a gun.

The 911 operator told her to “Put down that gun, put down that gun!” She told the operator, “I'll put the gun down when I see the police."

The burglar had used a large rock to smash the glass on the bottom part of the door and had removed the screen. NJ warned him that she had a gun and he scurried off before the cops arrived.

NJ told Fox 13 News, "I believe in guns inside your house, because I don't think anybody has the right to break into your private domain. I'll definitely have the gun up there that is for sure."

I believe they ought to fire that idiot operator. I know some will say she probably told NJ to put the gun down so when the cops showed up they would not mistake her for the burglar. I say horseshit! She should have told the cops that the homeowner was armed. That operator was trying to prevent NJ from defending herself and that’s why I think she should be fired.

No comments: