Thursday, September 11, 2014

OUT OF DATE LETHAL DRUG FAILED TO WORK ….. OR RATHER, THE APPEAL FAILED

Texas put Willie Trottie to death 90 minutes after the Supreme Court rejected his eleventh hour appeal which argued that the state’s supply of pentobarbital was outdated and could subject the double murderer to excruciating pain

In 1993, Willie Trottie’s estranged girlfriend obtained a protective court order against him. Two months later he kicked in the door to her mother’s Houston home and shot her 11 times. He also killed her brother and wounded her mother and sister.

Trottie claimed he shot the family accidentally and in self-defense. Pardon me for laughing out loud. He must have thought he was being judged by 12 imbeciles.

90 minutes before his execution with a single dose of pentobarbital, the Supreme Court rejected two eleventh hour appeals. One argued that Trottie received inadequate legal representation during his trial. The other claimed the state’s supply of pentobarbital was outdated and that the secrecy surrounding the acquisition of the drug prevented his legal team from determining the strength of the drug, thereby subjecting Trottie to excruciating pain.

Trottie’s execution occurred Wednesday evening without a hitch. He went to sleep like a baby and was pronounced dead 22 minutes after the injection of pentobarbital began.

Trottier, 45, became the eighth Texas inmate to be executed this year. A woman, Lisa Coleman, is scheduled to be executed September 17 for intentionally starving her lover’s 9-year-old son to death in 2004.

Also on Wednesday, Missouri executed Earl Ringo, Jr., 40, for killing two people during a restaurant robbery in 1998. Ringo became the eighth Missouri inmate to be executed this year. A last minute appeal concerning the execution drug, similar to Trottie’s appeal, was also rejected by the Supreme Court.

It looks as though Missouri is challenging Texas for the honor of executing the most murderers this year. I’m putting my money on the Lone Star State.

2 comments:

Dorina said...

My beloved little dog had to go to sleep 'like a baby' in my arms recently. I can't stop crying whenever I think about her beautiful bright eyes looking at me - then suddenly a blank look - nothing. I never ever want to see or do that again.

"I love you Mitzie - never forget how much I love you"

BarkGrowlBite said...

Dorina, I am truly sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I recently held my beloved Cassie as she was put to sleep. It really hurts to lose a beloved pet. Holding Mitzie in your arms at the final moment lets her know she was loved very much to her last breath.

There is a humongous difference between Mitzi and Cassie on the one hand, and Trottie on the other. Mitzie and Cassie were not coldblooded vicious murderers.