Saturday, October 20, 2018

GOOD IDEA, BAD REASON

by Bob Walsh

As I was driving around in the car yesterday I heard an interesting piece on the radio. A member of the CA state legislature, whose name I did not catch under the circumstances, is going to try to get the DMV out of the voter registration business because they are doing it badly.

Personally I would like to get the DMV out of the voter registration business because they shouldn't be doing it al all. DMV gives drivers licenses to all sorts of people who can not vote legally but still gives them voter registration material anyway. In addition, I believe that it is important enough that registering to vote SHOULD BE a moderate pain to accomplish, just on general principles.

In any event I hope the guy proposing this is successful.

No comments: