Tuesday, March 09, 2010

THIS DEMOCRAT IS NO FAN OF OBAMA

Rep. Eric Massa, D-NY, resigned from Congress following an accusation that he sexually harassed one of his male staffers. The accusation led to an ethics investigation which he believes was being conducted only because he made it known that he would vote “no” on the Obama health care bill.

I suspect that Massa is probably guilty of sexual harassment. But I also suspect that there is some truth in his rants against Rham Emanuel and against his fellow Democrats. Here is some of what Massa had to say:

“Mine is now the deciding vote on the health care bill. And this administration and this House leadership have said, quote-unquote, they will stop at nothing to pass this health care bill. And now they've gotten rid of me and it will pass. You connect the dots."

As for Rham Emmanuel, Obama’s chief of staff, Massa said "He is the son of the devil’s spawn. He is an individual who would sell his mother to get a vote. He would strap his children to the front end of a steam locomotive.”

“When I voted against the cap-and-trade bill, the phone rang and it was the chief of staff to the president of the United States of America, Rahm Emanuel. And he started swearing at me in terms and words that I hadn't heard since that crossing the line ceremony on the USS New Jersey in 1983. And I gave it right back to him. In terms and words that I know are physically impossible. I told him to do things that I know the human anatomy cannot do.”

“…..they don't have any shower curtains down in the gym. And I'm sitting there showering, naked as a jay bird, and here comes Rahm Emanuel, not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger at my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't going to vote for the president's budget.”

Massa is not just any Democrat. He happens to be one of the most liberal members of his party. His opposition to the health care bill stems from the fact that it does not contain a public option.

1 comment:

Centurion said...

Unfortunately his crediblilty has come into question. Sure woulda been neat if he had taped that phone call.