Monday, December 07, 2015

NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION TYSON FURY IS OLD SCHOOL ABOUT WOMEN

Fury says “a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back, that’s my personal belief.”

Weekend before last, Tyson Fury defeated Wladimir Klitschko to win the world heavyweight boxing championship. Fury, a Brit, has raised a fury over remarks he has made about homosexuality and women. He is now under investigation by the British Boxing Board of Control for his controversial remarks.

Fury is definitely from the politically incorrect old school concerning his opinions on women and homosexuals.

Fury will probably be removed from the BBBC’s shortlist of candidates for the Sports Personality of the Year award. I don’t they will do it, but it would be a shame if the BBBC were to strip Fury of his newly won title because he expressed opinions that are offensive to women and gay people.

BOXING BOARD TO SCRUTINIZE FURY’S COMMENTS

Sky News
December 5, 2015

The controversial comments made by new heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury will be on the agenda when the British Boxing Board of Control meets on Wednesday.

Fury controversially compared homosexuality with paedophilia and suggested both should be made illegal along with abortion in an interview last month in the build-up to last weekend's world title victory over Wladimir Klitschko.

Fury told the Mail On Sunday: "There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the Devil comes home. One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other is paedophilia."

And the 27-year-old was thrust into the spotlight again this week after a video released online showed Fury making a string of sexist comments, some of which were directed at Olympic champion Jessica Ennis-Hill.

Fury has now claimed, through a statement provided to Sky Sports News by his uncle and trainer Peter Fury, that he is not homophobic.

"I am aware of the recent newspaper articles and I would like to put on record that I am not homophobic," Fury said.

"I have homosexual friends and I do not judge them because of their sexuality. My comments that you may have read are of from the Holy Scriptures and this is what I live from.

"I am aware of my position as the heavyweight champion of the world and the responsibility that this brings. I am also aware of my position as a role model and I hope to be a positive ambassador for the sport of boxing for many years to come."

Fury caused outrage this week after video on YouTube showed him giving his views on women. He said: "A woman's best place is in the kitchen and on her back, that's my personal belief."

Fury also gave his opinion on women in boxing, in which he spoke about the ring girls who "give me inspiration, when I'm tired and I see them wiggling around with their round two, round eight (cards)".

British heptathlete Ennis-Hill was also discussed during the interview which has led to people signing a petition to have Fury removed from the shortlist for BBC's Sports Personality of the Year award.

When asked about her, Fury said: "That's the runner isn't it?

"I think she's good, she's won quite a few medals for Britain, she slaps up good as well, when she's got a dress on she looks quite fit."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As Kinky Friedman once sang, "Put your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed."