Saturday, November 12, 2016

NOTABLE DEATHS

by Bob Walsh

Leonard Cohen, well-known song writer and singer, died Thursday at age 82. He was a prodigious talent and the world will be the poorer for his leaving it.
_____

Napoleon Solo, AKA Robert Vaughn, died yesterday at the age of 82. I remember being in Junior High School when THE MAN FROM UNCLE came out and I thought the character he played was just incredibly cool. I also remember him as one of the gunfighters in the original Magnificent Seven. Both characters have recently been redone on the big screen, not nearly as well as the original IMHO. I am, though,admittedly generally speaking more fond or the originally than a remake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the UNCLE briefcase that turned into a gun with a fake silencer. Good Times!