Friday, August 30, 2019

IS NASCAR LOSING THEIR BALLS ?

Short Answer, YES

by Bob Walsh

NASCAR is apparently "shifting" its position on support of the Second Amendment and is now refusing to accept advertising from many (though not all) firearms manufacturers. They are still open to taking money from advertisers for "less controversial gun accessories."

I am not a huge fan of "drive fast, turn left, repeat" race car driving (I do like their two road courses) but if I was a fan this would make me much less inclined to spend money with them. I wonder how the real fan base will feel about this.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Short answer, the rabid fans won't give a shit.

As for NASCAR disassociating itself from gun manufacturers, they're just aligning themselves with the majority of Americans who now favor repealing the right to bear arms.

1 comment:

Trey Rusk said...

I have an ex-brother in law that thinks NASCAR is great. He watches almost every race then wants to discuss the high points of the event. (Yawn)

I get free tickets to the speedway each year in Las Vegas. I won't tell him. I refuse to sit in the blazing Nevada Sun to watch people turn left for a couple of hours and listen to drunken NASCAR fans.

Now the Adult pool lounge is another story.