Monday, December 23, 2019

INTERESTING, IF TRUE

by Bob Walsh

There is a rumor floating around the gun press that Colt is getting ready to release a new iteration of the iconic Python revolver. Since "old" ones are going for $2k plus in fair condition it MIGHT be worth while.

Presumably these would NOT be hand fitted like the old ones were, would have the new style (S&Wish) lock work rather than the old style lock work, and would use a bit of MIM rather than forged small parts. One rumor says all stainless. One says both blue and stainless available. One says the guns are already in the pipeline. That would be odd, with the SHOT show recently over and the new gun NOT displayed. But you never know. Colt has made some odd decisions along the line. Their new-old Diamondback seems to be selling reasonably well, so........

One thing for sure, I am not going to be the first person on my block to buy one. I doubt that Colt would pull a Remington R1 or whatever the hell they called that marketing monstrosity, but stranger things have happened.

3 comments:

Trey Rusk said...

I would love to see it. I saw some new Colt Stainless Monstrosity at the Shot Show last year and it wasn't a Python. I will be attending the Shot Show next month. I would really like to see a new Colt Python as well made as the original. It was my 1st duty weapon. Paid $375 for it new. That Python trigger pull was smooth as the inside of a prom queens thighs. 30 years ago, I received an offer I couldn't refuse and sold it. I regret having made that transaction.

Trey Rusk said...

I would also like to see an original Colt Python in factory nickel plate. Beautiful gun.

bob walsh said...

More info creeping out. It will allegedly come out right after New Year. Barrel rib is not ventilated, which will of course greatly change the general look of the gun. No info on the internals. Price allegedly about $2300. Supposedly recent former Colt guy talking about it on Colt forums.