Tuesday, February 25, 2020

IS THIS ME BLAMING THE VICTIM? ..... MAYBE IT IS

by Bob Walsh

A 17-year old high-school kid was shot to death in his neighborhood at about 2:20 A.M. this last Sunday in Stockton. He was, according to the local fish wrapper, a decent kid and not known to be gang involved.

That may be true. I can't help but wonder what a 17-year old is doing out at that time just hanging out on the neighborhood. Maybe I am just an grumpy old man (in fact I'm pretty sure I am) but I don't hear of a lot of positive things happening to kids (or adults for that matter) out and about at that time.

3 comments:

Dave Freeman said...

I think the phrase "decent kid" has "evolved" a bit since you and I were young Bob.

bob walsh said...

Further information from the local constabulary clearly states it was a targeted shooting. Unless somebody really wanted his spot on the football team or was pissed at him raising the grade curve by studying too hard there is clearly more to the story than his friends and family are saying to the media.

Trey Rusk said...

What a waste.