Wednesday, March 23, 2022

BAD LUCK OR BAD PLANNING ?

by Bob Walsh


                Staffordshire Bull Terrier with tongue out

I like dogs, but it can't really say I am a dog person.  I don't know a great deal about dogs other than I like them.  That being said I can't help but think that there was a basic problem here.

This happened in the UK, in Merseyside.  A married couple bought an adult dog, unknown breed but mostly Staffordshire Terrier (pit bull) from appearances.  They also had a 17-month old baby girl.  Less than one week after bringing the dog home the dog killed the baby.  The dog was subsequently destroyed.

I can't help but think that bringing an adult dog into this situation without being VERY SURE of it's background and training was short-sighted.  I know I probably seem like I am kicking them when they are down (and maybe I am) but the parents have apparently told the cops they were unsure of it's exact breeding and background.  I can't help but think a cocker spaniel or a golden retriever would have been much more suitable under the circumstances.

1 comment:

Trey said...

People are stupid.