Thursday, March 31, 2022

THOUGHTS ON THIS AND THAT

by Bob Walsh

I had occasion to go out and run a couple of errands today.  They both went strangely well.

The formerly great state of California has now approved a fourth Covid shot for old farts.  I went down to the Rite Aid pharmacy near one of my favorite local guns stores as that is where I had got my last three shots.  I figured there would be less BS attached.  I was in and out in less than ten minutes, including paperwork.

I then went to Home Depot to get some pressure treated 2X6X8 foot lumber for my deck rehab project.  (Deferred maintenance eventually bites you on the butt.)  It is still ridiculously expensive at $17 each, but the damn things were reasonably dry, weighing at least a third less than the ones I bought ten days ago.  Makes it much easier for an old fart like me to handle them.

I know it isn't much, but sometimes you can get a fairly significant amount of pleasure from small things going exactly right.

No comments: