Monday, May 02, 2022

THIS MIGHT HAVE BEEN BAD PLANNING

By Bob Walsh

 

Brandy Dowdy, 39, was arrested and charged with manslaughter after her dogs allegedly committed multiple attacks on local residents, including a deadly one Friday. She's being held without bail

 

I don't want to seem like I am piling on unjustly, but this really might be a classic case of not thinking things thru.

Jacqueline Summer Beard, 58, was an employee of the Alabama Dept. of Public Health until sometime Friday.  She had gone to see see Brandy Dowdy, 39, in her capacity as a environmental supervisor of the DPH.  They had received reports of dangerous dogs in the area from local residents.  Then locals called in a report of a suspicious vehicle in the area and the Franklin County S. O. responded to an area just outside Red Bay.  They found Ms. Beard's dead body inside her car.  It appears that she was attacked by a pack of dogs and died due to injuries received in that attack.  The deputies were also attacked and had to shoot some of the dogs.  

Ms. Dowdy is now a guest of the county facing manslaughter charges.

I don't want to pile on to someone who is no longer around to defend herself, but if I were investigating reports of a pack of dangerous dogs I think I would have a weapon with me or somebody with a weapon with me.

No comments: