Thursday, July 15, 2010

EXTREMIST AND RACIST OLD MAN?

The other day, my long-time friendship with a leftist came to a screeching halt. It all started out innocently enough when I forwarded comments from a Czech newspaper to him. (You can read the paper’s comments in my July 11 blog, "Confederacy of Fools Made Him Their Prince.") That started the following exchange of messages:
 
_EX-FRIEND: It's actually a German-owned weekly published in the Czech Republic. You know you can't trust the Germans.
 
_MY REPLY: But that doesn't change what the paper said about you and all those other Obama supporters being fools.

_EX-FRIEND: Fuck you old man! And a Nazi too.

_MY REPLY: There you go again with the name calling, you fool. As the article pointed out, you are part of a 'depraved electorate.' Oh by the way, even Barbara Streisand is jumping off the Obama ship. Now that's something!
 
_EX-FRIEND: I do think you are the fool here in your failure to recognize propaganda, just like the Germans who you ran from all those years ago. Wake up and smell the coffee, you are an old raciest who can not stand the thought of a black man leading this country and would prefer another G.W. Bush to blindly follow so long as he made you feel like you (collectively) had a set of balls. And you started the name calling--Fuck you again.

_MY REPLY: I didn't call you a fool – the Czech paper did. You're just pissed off because you and the other fools who voted for Obama got pegged for what you all did. And where did you get the idea that it was propaganda? Why would the Czechs or Germans propagandize against Obama? That doesn't make any sense. I really resent your statement that I cannot stand a black man being in office. That's a God damn lie! And I never blindly followed George Bush either. After all these years, you really don't know me. Just because I am not politically correct, doesn't make me a racist. I've put up with your calling me a Nazi and Adolf because I thought we were friends. Now I'm beginning to seriously doubt it.
 
_EX-FRIEND: It looks like you got the last part right. I don't think I can be friends with you any more. I find your brand of hatefulness more than I really want to put up with. Over the years you have become more and more extreme to the point that if someone doesn't agree with you and your narrow, like minded friends, that person must not be a really "good" American. Like Nixon, who must be another of your heroes, they must be "pinko, commie, left-leaning" or some other label used by the right. To use the logic of the right, if you hate the country and its government so much why don't you just leave. The thing that pisses me off is your spreading some second hand bullshit from a little known European weekly. Before you start spreading that kind of crap you really should look at what was published about Bush that you so readily ignored. Good day Sir, and fuck you.
 
_MY REPLY: You are a God damn liar!! I have never ever considered you as a bad American. The person you describe as me does not exist. True, I am a conservative and I'm not ashamed of it - but an extremist? You're so full of it. You have now done a pretty good job of describing yourself though. It never occurred to me that you are a pinko, commie, etc. But if the shoe fits, wear it!
 
Am I an extremist and racist old man?
 
Extremist no, conservative yes. My former friend is typical of most left wingers. They believe that anyone who disagrees with them is an extremist and they always resort to name calling.

"You are an old raciest who can not stand the thought of a black man leading this country." Nothing could be further from the truth! I would have voted for Gen. Colin Powell in a heartbeat had he chosen to run for president. Then why didn’t I vote for Obama? It had absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. It had everything to do with (1) his inexperience, (2) his association with people like the Rev. Jeremiah ‘God Damn America’ Wright and former domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, and (3) his team of Israel-hating foreign policy advisers.
 
Do I hate President Obama? Of course I don’t! I do hate some of his policies though, particularly his siding with the Palestinians against the Israelis. It bothers me that every day I get some hateful and malicious phony messages about Obama and I refuse to forward them to those on my e-mail address list. And I am thoroughly disgusted with a billboard created by the North Iowa Tea Party that compares President Obama to Adolf Hitler and Vladimir Lenin.
 
I am sure that I’m considered a racist for my frequent attacks on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. If that makes me a racist, I plead guilty. If my criticism of black anti-Semitism makes me a racist, I plead guilty. If denying the myth of the criminal justice system being racist makes me a racist, I plead guilty. If calling attention to the ‘Duke Rape’ lynching of white lacrosse players makes me a racist, I plead guilty. But do those positions really make me a racist? I don’t think so. Politically incorrect yes, racist no.
 
And speaking of racism, my readers know that I have frequently attacked Muslims and Islam. But when I do so, I am attacking fundamentalist Muslims and Islam’s war against the West. I know that most Muslims in the U.S. are loyal Americans and good citizens. Most of them are not fundamentalists. They are more like reform Jews who have discarded some traditional religious practices, assimilated into American society and adapted to Western culture. Both groups are not accepted as true believers by their respective fundamentalist sects. And I can understand why American Muslims would identify with the Palestinians, just like Jews identify with the Israelis.
 
The Marxists at the college where I taught always called me a Nazi, something I expected from them. But I’ve always resented it when my former friend called me a Nazi and Adolf Hitler. I put up with it because I thought it was just a tongue-in-cheek comeback at my conservative views. Those slurs were anything but funny to me. With the above exchange of messages it is quite clear that he was being serious all the time. Therefore I’m not about to lose any sleep over the loss of that kind of friendship.

1 comment:

Centurion said...

If you best a liberal argument using logic, they will often and respond with an attack. I should know...I was raised by one.

If you havn't allready read it, I highly suggest Thomas Sowell's "The Vision Of The Anointed." It lays out their mindset pretty well.

The dude wasn't your friend to begin with....it just took you till now to find that out.