Saturday, April 23, 2011

OOPS, SORRY WRONG CAR, YOU CAN GET UP AND DUST YOURSELVES OFF ... AND CHANGE YOUR PANTS, THAT'S DISGUSTING

Will the City of Los Angeles now pay for getting the pee and poop stains out of the news crew’s pants?

Reminds me of the time I was driving my state undercover car near March Air Force Base when a California Highway Patrol officer pulled me over and pointed his shotgun at me as he approached. It turned out that my car resembled that of a car used in a liquor store robbery. The wild look in that cop’s eyes as he pointed that shotgun at me and ordered me on the ground face down scared the supreme shit out of me.

NEWS CREW MISTAKEN FOR ROBBERS, SURROUNDED BY COPS

KTLA News
April 22, 2011

HOLLYWOOD -- A Bloomberg news crew was surrounded by police in Hollywood Thursday after their SUV was mistaken for a vehicle involved in an armed robbery.

The robbery happened in the 8900 block of Shoreham Drive, according to the LAPD.

Two male suspects took an ID, a gold watch and a ring from someone on the street. One of the suspects was carrying a semi-automatic handgun, police said.

About an hour after the robbery, an LAPD air unit started following a vehicle that matched the description of the suspect vehicle -- a dark-colored Yukon.

Police said it turned out to be the wrong car.

Twitter user Brittany Joe took photos of police stopping the vehicle.

The pictures show police with guns and rifles drawn, and the Bloomberg crew laying face down on the pavement.

After the ordeal, Bloomberg photographer Jonathan Alarcon, who was part of the group, posted on his Facebook page: "Was just prone on the ground felony stop with about 10 guns pointed at me and a news crew. Felony stop mistaken identity shotguns helicopter. The whole deal."

No comments: