Saturday, June 11, 2011

'I FOLLOWED WHAT JESUS AND THE ANGELS TOLD ME TO DO'

Her call brought out the FBI, the Texas Rangers, DPS troopers and the local constabulary. Now a bunch of pissed off law enforcement folks are considering filing charges against the self-described prophet. Shame on them! She only followed what Jesus and the angels told her to do.

TEXAS TIPSTER: ANGELS TOLD ME OF MASS GRAVE SITE

CBS News
June 10, 2011

HOUSTON - Detectives said it was a tip from a psychic that led them to a home in Liberty County searching for a mass grave that did not exist.

Now the tipster - who calls herself not a psychic but a prophetess - says her story has been blown out of proportion.

The Texas woman - who only wanted to be identified by her nickname Angel - said she's worked with law enforcement in the past, and told CBS Affiliate KHOU she was just doing what she thought was right.

Angel said she called police because she thought three children would be found at in Hardin, Texas, and said nothing about dozens of bodies, reports KHOU correspondent Courtney Zubowski.

"They up-front asked me how I got the information, and I am a reverend. I am a prophetess and I get my information from Jesus and the angels, and I told them that I had 32 angels with me and they were giving me the information and then it went from there," she said.

Liberty County Sheriff's deputies, the FBI, DPS officers and the media converged on the town of Hardin looking for signs of a mass grave. A search at the home turned up nothing.

"I will never call in again," said Angel. "I would never call in again at all, because if they can blow this up and it can get all turned around, I'm not the one that called the media and blew it all out of proportion."

Meanwhile, authorities say the tipster could face charges for filing a false report.

Angel - who said she still believes there are children in trouble - claims she did not file a false report: "If they make it to be false that's up to them, you know? All I can do is pray for everyone that's involved, you know? I did what I was told to do. I followed what Jesus and the angels told me to do. It's up to them from there," she said.

She said from now on she's staying out of the controversy.

"I just want to be left alone, I want to go back to my little life, my little quiet life, and I want this to stop," she said.

No comments: