Saturday, June 25, 2011

POT SMOKING COPS

After reading “Slimy Evil ‘Law and Order’ Thug” (6-24-11), a veteran police officer wrote:

“The majority of the younger cops I work with have smoked weed. So much so that they openly discuss smoking pot as teenagers. Recently, I was asked if I ever smoked pot. I replied, "No." No one at the gathering believed me. Granted, I am old enough to be their father but the fact still remains that the vast majority of under 40-year-old cops have smoked pot. I'm sure there are a good many who still smoke it to this day because drug tests are not random. Most agencies will test for drugs if they feel there is evidence of drug use by the officer. Most cops don't believe marijuana is a gateway drug because their pot use did not lead them to use heroin. The way the world looks at marijuana use has changed. Our opinions about the dangers of marijuana use are in the minority.”

I know that my good friend is right. For that matter George Bush and Barack Obama also smoked pot some years back. But those police officers who are still smoking dope are corrupt cops that are breaking their oath of office and this makes them lawbreakers who should be drummed out of the police service, no ifs, ands or buts about it. And that also goes for any correctional officers, parole officers and probation officers who are still smoking dope.

No comments: