Saturday, January 30, 2016

ONE TRULY PROUD GRANDFATHER

Yesterday was one of the proudest days of my long life. My youngest granddaughter officially became a police officer.

Getting to pin her badge on that young lady during the police academy graduation ceremony was a great honor for me.

Best of all is that my granddaughter is now an officer with a Dallas-Fort Worth area police department, one that is considered among the very best in the Great State of Texas. That police agency requires that all applicants must have a four-year college degree. The academy’s basic training course lasted six months and far exceeded the requirements of the Texas law enforcement licensing commission.

Now you can see why yesterday was one of the proudest days of my long life.

1 comment:

bob walsh said...

Congrats to both of you.