Wednesday, January 25, 2023

THIS IS TRULY HEARTBREAKING

By Bob Walsh

 


A dog was brought into the Chattanooga McKamey Animal Center a few days back.  The dog was named Lilo and had been found with a collar and leash.  And a note on the collar.  The note said:

My name is Lilo.  Please love me.  My mom can't keep me and is homeless with two kids she tried her best but can't get help.  I cost too much.  She really loves me and I'm a great dog and love to be loved on.  Please don't abuse me.  The note was printed in block letters on binder paper.

The animal shelter has attempted to reach Lilo's mom thru Facebook to inform her that there is food assistance and other things available to homeless pet owners.  They wanted her to know that she is safe and that they will work really hard to find her a permanent home.  

As might be expected the shelter got a tremendous amount of positive contact regarding Lilo.

This one made me cry.  I guess I am just an old softie.

2 comments:

Trey said...

Dogs do not know wealth. They measure people through kindness and love. Folks don't know how lucky they are to have a dog.

Dave Freeman said...

We volunteered at our local Humane Society Animal Shelter for about a year. It was a heartbreaking experience.