Wednesday, March 22, 2017

FOR THE PAST FIVE DAYS I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT PHONE SEERVICE AND WITHOUT THE INTERNET

A contractor employed by AT&T installed a new cable in my neighborhood, but in doing so, knocked out AT&T’s U-Verse service to some 30 customers

The reason BGB and TUG have not had any postings the past few days ia because my internet service, together with my phone service, has been down for five days.

It seems as though AT&T employed a contractor to lay a new cable in my neighborhood. When they finished the job, some 30 customers were left without their U-Verse service. To add insult to injury, the contractor left a trailer with a big cable spool sitting on my front lawn instead of parking it curbside.

The contractor fucked up big time, apparently severing a bunch of phone lines in the process. I noticed that the workers, of which there were only a handful, all spoke excellent Spanish. Any illegals, I wonder?

AT&T’s crews have been working the past few days trying to repair the damage. Today there were 23 AT&T employees working around the corner from my house, attempting to restore the knocked out service.

Let’s see now, four or five non-English speaking contract workers fucked up my phone and internet service and it took at least 23 AT&T workers more than four days to restore. By using a contractor, AT&T obviously thought it was saving a bundle of money. Yeah, right!

Anyway, we’re back up and running. For starters, I’m posting what I intended to publish last Sunday. I’ll follow tomorrow with the posts Bob Walsh sent me the past few days..

2 comments:

bob walsh said...

I hope they will at last kick down some free service for a while in compensation.

Anonymous said...

Glad your are back. I always enjoy reading your blog with my morning coffee.