Tuesday, November 12, 2019

DACA AND SCOTUS

by Bob Walsh

As you read this it is possible that the United State Supreme Court will be doing oral hearings on President Trump's actions to shitcan DACA.

As far as I know everybody who knows anything about the law (including Barak Obama, who enacted it by administrative action) says it is illegal. I therefore find it difficult to find fault with Trump for wanting to dump it. It should be noted that Trump specifically ASKED congress to regularize the program thru legislation and promised to sign the legislation if they would pass it to his desk. It has not happened.

So, will SCOTUS go with the warm-and-fuzzy, or will they actually follow the law? I am betting on answer #2, but I am also hoping on answer #2 so my bet may not be worth much.

No comments: