Friday, January 14, 2022

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED

Teens charged with murder in death of Good Samaritan struck by train 

 

By and

 

New York Post

January 14, 2022

 

 

The two boys, both teens, seen on surveillance footage around the time of the incident.           The two boys, both teens, seen on surveillance footage around the time of the incident

 

Two teens were charged with murder in connection to the New Year’s Day death of a Good Samaritan who jumped onto Bronx subway tracks to save another man, cops said.

The teen boys, 16 and 17, were arrested Wednesday in connection to the death of 36-year-old Roland Hueston, cops said Friday.

The younger teen was charged with murder, manslaughter, robbery, gang assault and assault, authorities said.

The older teen was hit with the same charges, in addition to attempted murder and attempted manslaughter, cops said.

The deadly incident unfolded around 2:40 a.m. on the B and D train platform of the Fordham Road subway station – where an intoxicated 38-year-old man was “causing a disturbance” and blowing a “New Year’s horn,” cops said.

One of the suspects approached him and displayed a knife before a group of attackers began punching and kicking him, the NYPD said.

 

Roland HuestonRoland Hueston was hit by an oncoming train while on the subway tracks.He had jumped onto the tracks to save the victim after he fell

 The initial assault victim, who survived the attack, shows his extensive injuries from the confrontation.The assault victim who survived the attack shows his extensive injuries from the confrontation

 

The victim tumbled onto the tracks as a train approached — and that’s when Hueston jumped onto the roadbed to try to rescue him.

Hueston was struck and killed by the oncoming train, cops said.

“We’re going through a lot right now,” Hueston’s father told The Post by phone Friday afternoon when asked about his son’s death. The grieving father said he and his wife weren’t prepared to speak and needed time to process what had occurred.

Two people close to Hueston shared Facebook posts in his memory.

 

The assault victim's mother, Basilia Paulino, weeps for the Good Samaritan who helped her son.The assault victim’s mother, Basilia Paulino, weeps for the Good Samaritan who helped her son. She praised Hueston for his actions

 

“[Hueston] was more than just a friend he was like a brother to me and my siblings, a son to my parents, a god father to my daughter etc. As some may know he’s the young man that passed away because he saved someone else on the train on New Years Day,” Naheem Henry wrote Jan. 5.

The assault victim’s mother, Basilia Paulino, was left heartbroken over the Good Samaritan’s death.

“I’m crying for that man. I don’t know what to say,” Paulino told The Post through tears on Monday. “He went to help my son and look what happened. He should be in God’s glory, that man.”

Police said they are seeking four additional suspects in connection to the incident.

“I am lost for words, I am not okay and this is really taking a toll on me. I am trying to find some form of peace in this but it’s extremely hard. I love you my brother and Rest In Peace Your memory will always live on with me.”

Terence Means Jr., a cousin of Hueston’s, lamented that the two had grown apart and he never had a chance to tell him he loved him.

“My cousin… died saving the life of his friend. As teenagers we were inseparable but due to anger and stubbornness I never got the chance to see the man he became,” Means Jr. wrote on Jan. 2.

“I’ll always miss you and I’m sorry we never got the chance to truly reconcile and tell you I love you.”

The man Hueston was trying to save was not struck by the train and was treated and released from a local hospital for a fractured arm, cops said.

The assault victim’s mother, Basilia Paulino, was left heartbroken over the Good Samaritan’s death.

“I’m crying for that man. I don’t know what to say,” Paulino told The Post through tears on Monday. “He went to help my son and look what happened. He should be in God’s glory, that man.”

Police said they are seeking four additional suspects in connection to the incident.

No comments: