Wednesday, February 28, 2024

MACY'S FLEEING SAN FRANCISCO

By Bob Walsh

 

The Maacy's is shutting down it's flagship store on Union Square and selling the real estate.  How much of this is part of a general shrinking of Macy's and how much of it is the generally "difficult" environment to do any sort of business in San Francisco is not real clear.  Macy's is shutting down about 150 stores nationwide, about 1/3 of their total.  They are also going to be opening a number of smaller, more focused stores that will not be major anchors to large malls.  

I confess I do very little business with Macy's but I do do some.  I hope they manage to hang in there.  I bought my last fedora from them, and also a set of California King sheets, which many of the other retailers no longer carry.

No comments: