Thursday, November 22, 2018

AMERICAN TOURIST KILLED BY BOW-WIELDING TRIBESMEN IN BUTTHOLE, NOWHERE

by Bob Walsh

It seems that an American "adventurer" (idiot) decided to kayak to a remote, restricted island off the coast of India. It is restricted because the locals do not like outsiders and try to kill them if they can. The American apparently decided the restrictions did not apply to him and went to North Sentinel Island with the assistance of local fisherman. Seven of the local fisherman have been arrested for helping the man, John Allen Chau, 26, reach the island. Chau has been to the area twice before and hired the fisherman to tow his kayak and to take him to this particular island.

It seems that the locals shot at him and a book he was carrying stopped one arrow. They tore up his kayak and he swam to the pickup boat, then returned again to the island. I guess he couldn't take the hint. The fishermen saw the locals drag his body away. It has not been recovered.

Some people are just stuck on stupid I guess. Trouble is stupid is sometimes fatal.

3 comments:

Dave Freeman said...

Interesting commentary. Yet another example of how context is everything. Because I thought the same as Bob when I read the initial article myself yesterday. Then I learned, in a follow up article, that this young "adventurer" was, in fact, a Christion missionary attempting to spread the gospel to these natives. The book the natives pierced with an arrow on his first attempt was, in fact, a bible.

That puts a HUGE different spin on this story for many of us. It does for me anyway.

bob walsh said...

Going some where it is illegal for you to be and doing something you know to be dangerous TWICE in two days is IMHO not smart. Plus, as a good Pagan, I have always been opposed to prosletyzing the pagans unless they ASK you to drop in and say HI. My opinion I know, but I don't think the idea of MY RELIGION IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR RELIGION I JUST HAVE TO CONVINCE YOU I AM RIGHT is a valid reason for waking somebody up on Saturday morning, metaphorically speaking, or literally for that matter.

Dave Freeman said...

Ok Bob. You wouldn't risk your life to pass on teaching and information that you firmly believe would save others. I get that.


This young man did. I get that too.