Monday, July 29, 2019

GUNFIGHT AT GILROY GARLIC FESTIVAL

by Bob Walsh

OK, it wasn't the Gunfight at the O K Corral but it was remarkable for a yuppie-fest. On Sunday at least one shooter started throwing lead at the third and final day of THE place to be in Gilroy, CA if you like garlic ice cream.

Originally 11 people were reported down. That could have been right, but only five are known to have gunshot injuries. Agents from BATFE responded, which is sort of strange I would think.

People were cutting fences to get out of the venue, Christmas Hill Park. (Strange, I hardly ever carry heavy-duty wire cutters to me when I go to these sort of things. I guess I am getting old.)

This information is very preliminary and could easily be way off.

EDITOR'S NOTE: NBC reports that at least three people were killed, including a 6-year-old boy, and 12 others wounded. The suspect was shot and killed by the police.

1 comment:

bob walsh said...

As of Monday morning the cops are looking for maybe a second shooter. They are not sure if there is one. The venue is right next to a residential neighborhood so it is making things very difficult.