Sunday, May 24, 2020

PLAGUE REPORT UPDATE FROM STOCKTON

by Bob Walsh

Went out yesteray to run actual necessary errands. Traffic was much lower and I would have expected for a Saturday with the state semi-opening up. Went to post office to get mail from box. Stopped at hardware store to get supplies for a wheelchair ramp project I am working on. Stopped at Safeway to get my DRUGS from the pharmacy. They were out of Rainier Ale so I don't have anything good to wash the Vicodin down with. Bummer. Gassed the truck up. Stopped at the Dodge Dealer to surf off their wi-fi. It is very good and the one at Barnes and Noble still runs like a three-legged cow and, since the auto center is actually private property and they have decent security I am reasonably sure nobody will try to jack me while I am sitting there. (That and my Kimber .38 Super.) Also while I was at Safeway I got the fist of my two-part lifetime Shingles vaccine. The Dr. told me that the new two-part shot was good for life but they were not doing them now due to the Covid-19 bullshit so I got mine at the pharmacy. I often get my flu and pneumonia shots there too. Zero co-pay, no appointment and (usually) in and out fast. Today, not so fast, but I got it done anyway. Then I got back in 2-6 months for the follow-up and I am good until forever.

Had one strange thing happened. As I was driving my AC-Heater blower stopped. I had just driven over some really crappy (typical) Stockton road so, when I stopped for gas I opened up the fuse box, identified the AC blower related fuses, wiggled and pushed them, and the AC started up again just fine.

The mall is still not open except for front door pickup, with a few exceptions. PetMart is open, people have to feed their critters. I am afraid my hamsters will attack me if I don't keep them fed. Have you seen the teeth on those little suckers?

My favorite firing range is still not open and the gun store said it might take 17-20 days for the DOJ to clear on my new carbine. Also it is supposed to be HOT for the next few days. 100+. I hope it cools back down for my competition shoot on the first Sunday. I haven't been for close to a year and I don't feel like frying my brain if I can avoid it. Of course I figure I will only be good for five or so out of the eight stages, but I really want some serious trigger time. Otherwise I will just have to cruise the streets and shoot people I don't like at random. It's Stockton, so probably nobody would notice.

No comments: