GALLERY: Sweetwater officials announce criminal charges in turbine blade dumping case
by Shelly Womack and Tobin Smith
Feb 19, 2026
SWEETWATER, Texas – After the State of Texas filed a lawsuit against a company accused of dumping thousands of wind turbine blades in Sweetwater, city officials held a press conference to announce criminal charges and outline their next steps.
Attorney General Ken Paxton announced he has sued Global Fiberglass Solutions, Inc., and all affiliated entities for allegedly “illegally dumping thousands of wind turbine blades and materials at two disposal sites in Sweetwater, Texas.”
According to the lawsuit, Global is accused of failing to properly dispose of turbines it was hired to dismantle, transport and recycle, resulting in what Paxton described as an illegal stockpile of more than 3,000 turbine blades and related materials.
The lawsuit seeks civil penalties as well as the removal and proper disposal of the turbine materials.
On February 19, 2026, Sweetwater leadership held a special press conference to announce that they are pursuing criminal charges against the individuals they say are responsible for dumping these blades. Sweetwater City Manager Bryan Sheridan said at the press conference that they want to send a clear message to anyone seeking to take advantage of the community.
“Earlier this week, four individuals were indicted on criminal charges related to these wind blades. I hope this sends a distinct and clear message that individuals who think they’re going to dump in our community are going to be held accountable and there will be consequences,” Sheridan said.
The charges against the individuals accused of discarding these wind turbine blades range from illegal dumping to theft of property while engaging in organized criminal activity. Sweetwater leadership says their next step is to focus on cleanup efforts for the discarded blades.
EDITOR'S NOTE:
No comments:
Post a Comment