Saturday, August 25, 2018

CROOKED CONGRESSMAN SAYS THE WIFE DID IT

Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter blames his wife for stealing more than $250,000 in campaign funds

Rep. Duncan Hunter, a California Republican, and his wife were indicted earlier this week for stealing more than $250,000 to support a lavish lifestyle. The campaign funds were spent on trips to Italy, Hawaii, London and other tourist destinations, and on school tuition, dental work, expensive theater tickets and the most exclusive restaurants.

Duncan, being the gallant gentleman that he is, says he’s innocent and that his wife of some 20 years did it. He told Fox News:

“When I went away to Iraq in 2003, the first time, I gave her power of attorney. She handled my finances throughout my entire military career and that continued on when I got into Congress. She was also the campaign manager, so whatever she did, that’ll be looked at too, I'm sure, but I didn't do it.”

Duncan, a former U.S. Marine, also blamed his indictment on Democrats in the Justice department who want to see his solid Republican district handed over to a Democratic congressman.

I wonder how much longer his marriage will last? At the very least, this calls for the wife to give Duncan a real good whack over his sorry head with a cast iron frying pan.

What a schmuck!

No comments: