Monday, April 13, 2020

LATEST PLAGUE REPORT UPDATE FROM STOCKTON

by Bob Walsh

The Christians are having lots of fun today, pretending they invented the celebration of Spring. Here in the CA central valley we have had several days running of mid-70s temperatures. Packs of chihuahuas are running all over the neighborhood, shitting all over everybody's lawn in a typical CA celebration of spring.

The social distancing program seems to be having a positive effect on the numbers. There are near 600 dead in CA, with a base population of 40 million. Much lower than was originally speculated. Of course it is virtually certain that some of those people would have died from their underlying conditions in that period of time. It is still a tragedy for those concerned.

San Joaquin General has reopened its 88-year old tower and is getting it set up for what they anticipate will be an influx of Covid-19 patients in the next two to four weeks or so. They are also setting up tents outside for overflow.

The Barnes and Noble website was down yesterday so I am rereading Dune. That will put your brain to sleep. I am also loading up a few hundred .38 super cartridges for when my competition shooting starts up again, probably in June. Also, in celebration of Easter, I will go out onto my front lawn today and kill some weeds.

I am waiting expectantly for my Trump check. I will not get the full $1,200, but I will probably get enough to buy a few cases of Green Death. The cutoff is based on adjusted gross income, not gross gross, so I should do OK.

Cleaning supplies are still in short supply, though paper products are starting to creep slowly back into the stores. There are strange spot shortages. Yesterday Raley's had zero Oatmeal, but Safeway had plenty. Stuff like that. Costco and WalMart are still pretty packed but you can get into Raley's and Safeway with zero trouble. Gas prices are very low. Road traffic is almost nonexistent, even during rush hour. If I had somewhere to go I could get there easily. Maybe next week I will go visit my friend in Carson City.

2 comments:

Trey Rusk said...

It's a nice drive to Carson City.

bob walsh said...

Hwy 88 over Carson Pass. Three hours from Stockton. Beautiful drive. I have taken many very nice photographs over Hwy 88.