Monday, April 20, 2020

PLAGUE REPORT UPDATE FROM STOCKTON

by Bob Walsh

I actually had to run some legit errands today (Saturday). I was going to a gun show which the promoters said was going on but cancelled on Friday. I was irritated, but not surprised. There is supposed to be one next week in the Sacramento area but I am confident it will be cancelled too. Sac is getting nasty about "unnecessary" movement.

Hit both Raley's and Safeway today. Still some obvious spot shortages, like TP and some sorts of pasta, cereal, etc. Paper towels are coming back in decent supply. Frozen foods are spotty. I wanted some frozen sirloin tips and gravy but couldn't find any in either store.

Stopped at gun store to get some cleaning supplies. No problem there. They are handing out numbers for the gun counter to keep the customer load down. Can't say as I blame them.

Traffic is still way down, to the point where CalTrans is doing road work during the day instead of at night. It is having almost no impact on traffic.

Pretty much everybody is now wearing masks anytime they go out. Store clerks are doing so and there are sneeze guards up all over the place. The plastic supply people must be making a fortune.

Weather is nice. I will probably go out front tomorrow and do some sanding and whatnot on my prehistoric Mustang. I am trying to do a lot of the prep work myself so I can have it painted for less than the price of my house.

Only one homicide in Stockton in the last two days. A security guard at an apartment complex terminally rehabilitated someone on Friday.

They are talking seriously about starting a incremental release to semi-normalcy in 2-3 weeks. That would make me happy. Then I could get my injection into my bum knee so maybe I can walk a little bit.

1 comment:

Trey Rusk said...

It's about the same around here. Beer sales are through the roof!