Wednesday, April 15, 2020

PLAGUE REPORT UPDATE FROM STOCKTON, CA

by Bob Walsh

I actually had to go out today. I had a nearly flat tire on my truck so after I finally got the new seat covers on (I had to use an impact wrench to get one of the bolts off that held the seats in place) I took it down to America's Tire Company where I buy my tires.

Instead of about 25 seats in the waiting room there were four. They are "encouraging" people to stay outside or in their car. it was a very nice day so that was no issue. The writer took a look at my R/R and said "Yup, there is a nail it in, fortunately right in the middle of the tread." So he wrote it up and said to hang in there, they would get it in about a half hour. The service guy asked me to move the car(that is unusual) and I went back to my ebook. After a bit I noticed he had the FRONT of the car jacked up and the R/F rim off. They really frown at customers wandering into the shop area for legit safety reasons so I hung out for a while and watched. He tanked the tire and then, to my surprise, put it on the machine and took it off the rim. He then proceeded to put at least one and maybe two plugs in it. As he brought it back to the truck I pointed out to him that it was the R/R, not the R/F, tire that had been flat that morning. He looked chagrined, but after all there was at least one nail in the R/F as well. They also fixed the R/R and I went on about my business. Traffic was still a dream. I treated myself to lunch at Taco Bell (that is fine dinning in Stockton) and came home to finish my ebook murder mystery and mow my lawn.

Only one homicide in Stockton on Easter, two drunks fighting with knives. One won, sort of. The other one lost, definitely.

No comments: