Wednesday, April 29, 2020

PLAGUE REPORT UPDATE FROM STOCKTON

by Bob Walsh

Not much to report. I did almost nothing Sat and even less Sunday. Spent all day at my lady friend's dog sitting and binge watching The Lord Of The Rings, as well as a chunk of Seven Days, an interesting SciFi series from a few years back.

Stockton did have a drop-dash-dead at an unspecified local hospital in the wee hours of Sunday. The cops would really like to talk to whoever dropped off the gun-shot victim who went toes up.

They have opened up local golf courses so the golfers are out doing something and not irritating the rest of us, so that's good. And I think my barber shop just reopened, I will find out later today. I am looking shaggy and desperately need my summer haircut.
__________

PLAGUE REPORT FROM STOCKTON

by Bob Walsh

Today (Tuesday) I actually had some legit reasons to go out and run a bunch of errands. Things like Wasp Spray, gas up car and go to my sister's. She lives in the Bay Area and has access to some stuff I don't, at least not easily, and she got me some sick-room gloves and masks which are in very short supply out here.

The drive to her place was smooth and quicker than normal. Traffic was very light. On the way back I could see individual windmills on the Altamont hills from the Dublin Grade. I don't think I have EVER been able to do that since the windmills were put in 25+ years ago. The air in both the Bay Area and the San Joaquin Valley is MUCH cleaner than it has been for a long time.

Gas is down a lot. Not as much as Wisconsin where it was $1.19 this past weekend, but down a lot.

I actually got a 12-pack of TP off the shelf at Target. They were rationing to one per customer, but it was there.

It isn't skittles and beer, but things are looking up. Now if only my favorite local gun range would open up.

2 comments:

Trey Rusk said...

I have always enjoyed the scenery in California.

bob walsh said...

CA does have a FEW things going for it.