Wednesday, June 13, 2018

ENJOYING MYSELF WITH MY GERMAN FRIENDS

Just thought I would share a couple of photos with you of me with my German friends in Rostock.

Here you’ll see my buddy Bert and me in Bert’s back yard.




And here, from left to right, you’ll see Jingjing (Bert’s wife), Marlies (Klaus’ wife), me, Klaus and Bert at an outdoor restaurant along the bank of the Warnow River in the Warnemunde borough of Rostock.




During the middle of my visit, I enjoyed a good herring dinner at this restaurant, and on my last evening in Rostock, we returned there again. This time I had a herring ‘poor boy’ sandwich.

Bert and I became buddies during the three cruises I took some years ago on the container ship Libra Santos of which Bert was the captain. Klaus, also a retired container ship captain, is a close friend of Bert. Klaus and Marlies, and I, immediately became good friends.

The hospitality shown me by Bert and Jingjing, and also by Klaus and Marlies, during the 3 weeks I was in Rostock was absolutely remarkable. Bert and Jingjing consider me as family and I made two new friends in Klaus and Marlies. It’s a shame that we are separated by an ocean.

No comments: