Friday, January 22, 2021

I JUST INHERITED $9.2 MILLION ..... OR MAYBE NOT

by Bob Walsh


The only thing truly remarkable about this "inheritance notice" is that it came in the form of an actual letter via snail mail from Canada.  It seems that I am the nearest surviving relative of a man who died intestate in Canada.  Since the account has now been dormant for ten years I am eligible to file for it as the nearest surviving relative, after paying various fees and investigative costs of course.  

There are just a few things sort of strange about the letter though.  The envelope has a printed on bulk stamp from Canada with no return address.  The letter is not letterhead on plain white paper, also with no return address anywhere.  It is allegedly from a "reputable bank" (the letter mentioned that once or twice) but is not signed, nor does it give the actual name of the actual bank anywhere in the text, or even a phone number.  Just an androgynous name and an email address.

Now perhaps I am just a suspicious individual, but somehow I feel that there is not $9.2 million dollars for me at the end of this particular rainbow.  But that's OK as I am going to win the $970 million lottery prize tomorrow so the $9.2 million will become chump change.

No comments: