Tuesday, March 20, 2018

FREE RANGE PARENTING NOW LEGAL...IN UTAH

by Bob Walsh

The phenomenon now called by some "free-range parenting" is now specifically legal in the state of Utah. The law now specifically recognizes that there are times and situations under which it might be perfectly reasonable to allow children to walk to and from school by themselves, play in a playground without direct parental supervision or even sit unattended in an automobile for a brief period of time.

I am confident many of the parents in New York City and San Francisco will be aghast, but then again if I had a rugrat and I lived in San Francisco or New York City I might be reluctant to let my rugrat go anywhere without adult supervision, preferably armed adult supervision. However since those locales specifically court ding-dongs, deviants and criminals of all sorts to come and live there heavy adult supervision in those areas might be wise. In most of Utah, probably not so much.

1 comment:

Trey Rusk said...

Salt lake City would surprise you. It did me. Lots of miscreants walking around. That was downtown and urban anywhere is usually a shithole.