Friday, July 12, 2024

DEMENTIA IS A CURSED DISEASE WITH NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT IT. BUT NOW ALL THE MALICIOUS TONGUES ARE MAKING JOKES ABOUT THE PRESIDENT'S CONDIITION AND TURNING THE WHOLE ISSUE OF COGNITIVE DECLINE INTO A MOCKERY, UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THEM, AND LET'S SEE THEM THEN

Joe, go home

How sad it is that instead of letting President Biden go, those around him insist on dragging him along to complete ruin.

 

By Avri Gilad  

 

Israel Hayom

Jul 12, 2024

 

 

Joe, go home

 

President Biden is rapidly speeding down the cognitive slide. Sharp-eyed observers have noticed this for a while, but were met with scorn by those with vested interests in keeping him in office. I've been speaking about this for three years now, and my colleagues scoffed at me. I wasn't fazed because I knew I was right. I developed an awareness to dementia, because I saw it up close - with my late mother and father.

I saw the small signs, the lost looks, the disorientation, the confusion with times and places, and recognizing people - the whole package, given to a person who has outlived what evolution intended.

Biden's condition is a tragedy, primarily for himself. He's reached the peak of his life, yet he cannot fulfill it. Like a player injured at the start of the second half, stubbornly limping to the final whistle. It's also tragic for his family, who sees their family's beacon quickly turn into a source of embarrassment.

And how sad that instead of saying - Joe, it's time to go home - they insist on dragging it out until the absolute ruin. How selfish. Another thought—how clear it is that the president is controlled by others, manipulated by unseen, Obama-like forces. They find it convenient that he is this way, easy to influence. How lacking in compassion the world of power is.

But the greatest tragedy in my eyes, apart from the free world and all that, is for dementia. A cursed disease with nothing funny about it. But now all the malicious tongues are making jokes about the president's condition and turning the whole issue of cognitive decline into a mockery, until it happens to them, and let's see them then. There are a few diseases that top the list of things a person does not want to happen to them. In first place, by far, ALS. The disease that takes the body but leaves the mind sharp. Just below that is Alzheimer's and dementia, which leave the body intact but hollow it from within of identity and thoughts. Then come all the terminal physical diseases, various cancers, heart and vascular diseases, Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, and more, down to the common cold at the end of the list.

But the main and unique problem with dementia is the diminishing recognition, loss of self-respect, erasure of previous identity, the slow drowning into the darkness of forgetfulness, and the long years that pass until the light goes out completely.

And I think, if this, God forbid, happens to me, I would want to end it gracefully before I no longer recognize my wife and daughters. I want to take a pill and shorten the process if I remember where I put it. And to Joe, I say -go home. Maintain your dignity. Go before the stage of presidential diapers arrives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a brother in law going through cognitive decline. He recently wandered off and a search of the area was performed to find him. Drugs will slow the disease but so far there is no cure. Sadly, he holds a Phd was a Professor and used to be referred to as the smartest person in the room by family. It's not a joking matter. (USA)