Saturday, August 28, 2021

I ADMIT I NEVER SAW THIS COMING

by Bob Walsh

There were two people who were guests of the people of California who I never thought would leave prison except via a pine box parole.  Charlie Manson and Sirhan Sirhan.  Turns out I was maybe half right.

The local parole board has recommended Sirhan Sirhan for parole.  He still might not get out.  The state board still has 90 days to say yes or no, then the governor has another 30 days to say yes or no, so it is not a done deal.  I am, never the less, surprised they even remotely consider him suitable for parole.  So I wonder.  Am I stupid or is the parole board stupid?

3 comments:

Trey said...

If you had told me that Bruce Jenner would become a trannie and then run for Governor, I would have called you crazy. But it's California. Nothing should surprise anyone.

Dave Freeman said...

I supervised both of these guys for a short time at Corcoran SHU in the mid 90's. Neither one should have ever seen the light of day. Manson was pure evil. Sirhan was and probably still is, a murderously dangerous nut case. But Hey. It's California. So I can't say I'm surprised.

bob walsh said...

I never met Sirhan. Did have dealings with Crazy Charlie couple of times. He was very possibly the most genuinely spooky individual I have ever met.