Saturday, February 05, 2022

BUT WILL THE BRITS ACCEPT CAMILLA AS THEIR QUEEN?

Camilla WILL become Queen: Her Majesty, 95, issues historic Platinum Jubilee statement to end years of uncertainty and tells the public 'I know you will give her and Charles the same support you have given me'

  

Daily Mail 

February 5, 2022

 

 

In a statement that ends years of uncertainty, Elizabeth II has expressed her 'sincere wish' that Camilla be given the title when Charles ascends to the throne, telling the public 'I know you will give them the same support you have given me' Pictured: The Queen, the Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend a state banquet for the King of the NetherlandsIn a statement that ends years of uncertainty, Elizabeth II has expressed her 'sincere wish' that Camilla be given the title when Charles ascends to the throne, telling the public 'I know you will give them the same support you have given me' Pictured: The Queen, the Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend a state banquet for the King of the Netherlands

 

The Queen has used her Platinum Jubilee message to the nation to back the Duchess of Cornwall in a significant move to shape the future of the monarchy on her historic milestone. 

In a statement that ends years of uncertainty, Elizabeth II has expressed her 'sincere wish' that Camilla be given the title when Charles ascends to the throne, telling the public 'I know you will give them the same support you have given me'. 

As she reached her 70th year on the throne, Elizabeth II set out her hopes for her daughter-in-law, once a royal mistress and now certain to be called Queen and crowned at Charles's side. 

The 95-year-old said in the written message: 'I would like to express my thanks to you all for your support. I remain eternally grateful for, and humbled by, the loyalty and affection that you continue to give me. And when, in the fullness of time, my son Charles becomes King, I know you will give him and his wife Camilla the same support that you have given me; and it is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service.' 

A Clarence House spokesperson said Charles and Camilla were 'touched and honoured' by the Queen's gesture. 

1 comment:

Trey said...

Well, That settles that. Does anyone really give a shit about a dysfunctional monarchy?