Wednesday, March 14, 2018

IS THE NEXT POSSIBLE PRESIDENT MENTALLY Ill?

It has been alleged that Vice President Mike Pence speaks to Jesus and that his Christian believes have been likened to a mental illness

There are two TV women chat shows made up mostly of Trump-haters. One is The Talk on CBS-TV and the other is The View on ABC-TV. The view features trump-hater Whoopi Goldberg. Last month panelist Joy Behar took a nasty swipe at Vice President Mike Pence.

From Tuesday’s Daily Mail:

Joy Behar has publicly apologized for comments she made last month when she likened Vice President Mike Pence's Christian beliefs to mental illness. Her apology on The View on Tuesday came after Pence said that Behar had called him to personally apologize and he urged her to do it publicly as well. The controversy began during an episode of The View in February when Behar and her co-hosts discussed a Big Brother episode in which ex-White House staffer Omarosa Manigault said Pence thinks Jesus speaks to him.

Behar may have apologized, but that doesn’t mean she does not believe what she said.

If Pence believes Jesus talks to him, he is certainly not alone. Many people believe Jesus talks to them, some of them after smoking that funny tobacco.

6 comments:

Trey Rusk said...

It doesn't say who wrote this blog, only that BGB posted it. I guess praying out loud would be considered by some to be speaking to Jesus. I don't think we can assume millions of Christians have just smoked marijuana before they pray.

I consider the ending remark to be blasphemous. It certainly wasn't funny.

bob walsh said...

There is an old story about if you talk to Jesus you are a good, solid Christian. If Jesus talks to you, you are delusional. Obviously Ms. Behar believes the story is solid. Whether she believes all people of faith are stupid and-or crazy or merely Christians is an open question. As far as I am concerned she is an asswipe, so I don't care much one way or the other.

BarkGrowlBite said...

Blasphemous? Trey, I know you do not smoke any funny tobacco. Has Jesus been speaking to you?

Oh, and if he has, I'd sure like to know what he's been telling you.

Trey Rusk said...

Yes Jesus speaks to me in many ways. He speaks to me through the blessings of my family and friends. I'm not a perfect man, but I'm better because of Jesus.

BarkGrowlBite said...

That's not Jesus speaking to you. That's what you believe Jesus is doing for you, and that's fine.

When ex-White House staffer Omarosa Manigault said Pence thinks Jesus speaks to him, she meant he has visions of Jesus actually speaking to him.

bob walsh said...

As a good pagan I get feedback from my favorite gods all the time. Mithra is my favorite traditional god. Raknar, the god of traffic control devices, is my favorite contemporary god. If you run down a cat every now and then and shout "that one's for Raknar" as it goes thump thump thump under your car then Raknar will ensure that you do not get caught for undue periods of time behind railroad crossings. Cats need to be good for something besides shitting in flower beds.