Monday, March 28, 2011

ACCORDING TO BIDEN, OBAMA SHOULD BE IMPEACHED

Back in 2007, Obama himself acknowledged that under the Constitution he did not have the authority to attack Lybia.

BIDEN’S WORDS OF IMPEACHMENT HAUNT OBAMA’S LIBYA WAR
By T. R. Nicholson

examiner.com
March 23, 2011

[Vice President Joe] Biden would impeach Obama for unauthorized attack on Libya, his past statements conclude.

The attack on Libya is an act of war launched without congressional approval, a fact which President Obama denies on grounds that the Libyan offensive "is not an act of war."

Clearly, however, if a nation pummeled Washington D.C. with thousands of tomahawk missiles, wouldn't we consider it an act of war? If sending our military to bomb another nation is not an act of war, then nothing is.

Make no mistake, Obama's attack on Libya is an act of war which no manner of semantics or alternative perspectives can change.

As an act of war that it is, according to Vice President Biden (and Obama's past statements as well) it is an impeachable offense for a president to launch a major military offensive without Congressional approval.

The Internet is awash today with videos and transcripts of both Obama's and Biden's calls to impeach President Bush for unauthorized war offensive, which were made during the 2007 and 2008 presidential election campaigns.

In 2008, Biden [talking about a possible attack on Iran by Bush] told Chris Matthews on MSNBC Hardball that:

__I want to stand by that comment I made. The reason I made that comment is a warning. The reason, I don’t say those things lightly, Chris, you’ve known me for a long time. I was chairman of the Judiciary committee for 17 years or its ranking member. I teach separation of powers and constitutional law. This is something I know. So I got together and brought a group of Constitutional scholars together and write a piece I’m going to deliver to the whole United States Senate in pointing out the president has no Constitutional authority to take this nation to war against a country of 70 million people unless we’re attacked, or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. If he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that– but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that- I don’t say it lightly, I don’t say it lightly.

In 2007 Obama said:

__The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

No comments: