Saturday, March 26, 2011

'THAT'S GOOD! I'M ON YOUR SIDE'

At the nature center where I volunteer, we always have some people doing the community service work they have been ordered to do by the courts.

On Thursday, a nice looking young man showed up with an Arabic name who had been ordered to do 80 hours after having been convicted of tampering with a government document.

He preferred to be called ‘Sam’ because one of his names was ‘Osama.’ I decided to have a little fun with Sam.

I asked: Sam, you’re not Jewish, are you?

Sam replied: No, no!

I said: That’s good because we don’t allow any Jews here.

Sam said: That’s good! I’m on your side.

Later I saw Sam while he was digging a hole in the ground for an underground electric line junction box. Sam smiled and asked me: Are you Jewish? When I replied that I was, he said: That’s funny because I’m a Palestinian.

Later Dave, one of the other volunteers, decided to have a little fun with me. He asked me to write down my home address for him so he could give it to Sam. Dave said: I’m sure Sam will want to visit your house some night soon.

No comments: