Sunday, February 28, 2021

PLAGUE REPORT UPDATE STOCKTON CA

by Bob Walsh

Well, I went in to get my Covid-19 shot today. First shot of two, Moderna.  It took a while to get checked in, the signage at Rite Aid wasn't so hot but once I got to the right place it went OK and the process took only about 40 minutes from start to out-the-door, including the mandatory 15 minute hang around time.  I also had an appointment with my regular health care provider, Sutter Gould, for three days ago but they cancelled and could not reschedule.  I guess they didn't get their supply of the vaccine and Rite Aid did.  

I understand that Rite Aid is hanging on by a thread financially.  With a bit of luck this will give them some needed business.  I have nothing against them I just seldom drop in because I have a Walgreens just down the street.

The stats are dropping fast in CA.  Hospitalizations are down and positive test results are down too.  Way down for both.  The Governor, in his magnificence, is considering allowing a few more businesses to open.  Some outdoor sports will be able to start and some small degree of semi-normalcy will return soon. Maybe.  With good luck and a tail wind.

In the meantime I will wait about 3-4 weeks for Rite Aid to send me an email regarding scheduling of shot #2. 

2 comments:

bob walsh said...

Mild localized muscle soreness one day after shot. No big deal.

bob walsh said...

And they already sent me my next shot appointment. Exactly four weeks, same day, same time. Probably cuts down on reschedules.