Thursday, February 18, 2021

THE NATION'S ENERGY CAPITAL LEFT MOST OF ITS RESIDENTS POWER-LESS FOR MORE THAN THREE DAYS

Fortunately I have a gas generator that supplied my house with power when the electric system failed


By Howie Katz


Houston, the nation's energy capitol, my ass!  Most of Houston's residents were left without power for more than three days.  But fear not, the city's downtown skyscrapers remained all lighted up.


The deep freeze that has paralyzed Texas by knocking out its power grid and sparking an energy crisis saw 5 million homes plunged into darkness amid unprecedented rolling blackouts. Pictured above is homes in Houston without power but empty offices still lit up Houston skyscrapers all lighted up while the rest of the city is without power

 

Fortunately I have a gas generator that supplies me with power when the electric system fails.  

Unfortunately, the gas generator does not restore the phone service, leaving me unable to connect to the internet.  And because my Lifeline medical alert system is connected to the phone line, that was out too.

The power just came back on only about five hours ago.  Now I have phone service again and now I can get caught up with the emails that piled up for three days.  And BGB is back in order too.  And in case I fall again, Lifeline will send a Houston Fire Department ambulance to my House.

Quick, git a rope for the varmint responsible for Houston's extended blackout ... and it ain't Mother Winter.

No comments: