Saturday, April 23, 2022

AFTER THE OPRAH INTERVIEW, HARRY'S GOLD DIGGING WIFE DEMANDED PIERS MORGAN BE FIRED FOR CALLIING HER A LIAR

Ready to ruffle feathers again with his new TV show, an inimitably combative PIERS MORGAN asks: Why do wokies suck all the joy out of life?

 

By Piers Morgan 


Daily Mail

April 23, 2022



Piers Morgan Uncensored launches tomorrow on TalkTV at 8pm
Piers Morgan Uncensored launches tomorrow on TalkTV at 8pm
 

Last summer, I was walking through Kensington in West London when an elegant-looking lady stopped me in the street. ‘Excuse me, Mr Morgan,’ she began. ‘I’m an 80-year-old Australian woman, but don’t hold either of those things against me!’ Then she roared with laughter and said: ‘I just want to say you have my full support over that damn Markle debacle!’

Of course, she was alluding to my sudden dramatic exit from ITV’s Good Morning Britain a year ago for declining to believe Princess Pinocchio’s whoppers to Oprah Winfrey.

 

A few days later my departure from GMB, it emerged that the Duchess of Sussex had written personally to the network’s CEO, Dame Carolyn McCall, demanding my head on a plate
A few days later my departure from GMB, it emerged that the Duchess of Sussex had written personally to the network’s CEO, Dame Carolyn McCall, demanding my head on a plate
 

ITV told me to either apologise for my honestly held opinion (for the record, I still don’t believe a word she says) or leave my job, so I left. And a few days later, it emerged that the Duchess of Sussex had written personally to the network’s CEO, Dame Carolyn McCall, demanding my head on a plate for having the audacity to question her incendiary, fork-tongued claims – many of which have since been established as untrue.

The Aussie lady continued: ‘You’re allowed to have your opinion. People such as Meghan want to control what we’re allowed to say, and tell us how to lead our lives, but they never practise what they preach. They’re hypocrites.’

Then she said something which has stuck in my mind ever since: ‘The problem with all these wokies is they just want to suck all the joy out of life! Don’t let them get away with it, Mr Morgan!’

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the malevolent cancel culture mob better described, nor felt such a sudden surge of clarity for a new purpose in life flow through my veins. I was now on a mission: to cancel the cancel culture.

That goal begins in earnest tomorrow night with the launch of my daily global TV show, Piers Morgan Uncensored, which will air on Rupert Murdoch’s new TalkTV network in the UK, on Fox Nation in America, and on Sky News Australia.

 

ITV told me to either apologise for my honestly held opinion (for the record, I still don’t believe a word she says) or leave my job, so I left. Pictured: ITV CEO Dame Carolyn McCall
ITV told me to either apologise for my honestly held opinion (for the record, I still don’t believe a word she says) or leave my job, so I left. Pictured: ITV CEO Dame Carolyn McCall
 

It will do what it says on the tin. Each night, I’ll be giving my uncensored thoughts on the news and issues facing the world, with myriad guests who will also be free to speak their minds.

As you may have heard, my first show is an explosive interview with my old friend Donald Trump that turned acrimonious when I told him I didn’t believe his persistent, unsubstantiated assertion that he had the 2020 US election stolen from him by a ‘rigged’ vote. He called me a fool seven times and ended up angrily stomping away from our interview, barking ‘turn the camera off!’ and branding me ‘so dishonest!’

But it was an earlier exchange, in which Trump berated me for walking off GMB on my last day that perfectly encapsulated the spirit of what I want my show to be. ‘I thought you over-reacted,’ he said. ‘I just didn’t like the way you handled it. Is that OK? I don’t know if you’re going to leave this in your interview? I don’t want to insult you.’

‘The show is called Piers Morgan Uncensored,’ I replied. ‘You’re allowed to have your opinion.’ (Incidentally, Trump loved the show’s name: ‘I don’t think if they told you to behave yourself, you can, so it’s probably a very accurate title!’)

In a way, The Donald is a good example of the ultimate test of what free speech really means. He may be one of the world’s most divisive and polarising people, but you don’t have to like him, or agree with what he says, to still respect that he’s allowed to say what he thinks. In fact, you can hate his guts, as many people do, but that doesn’t mean you have the right to silence him.

 

As you may have heard, my first show is an explosive interview with my old friend Donald Trump that turned acrimonious when I told him I didn’t believe his persistent, unsubstantiated assertion that he had the 2020 US election stolen from him
As you may have heard, my first show is an explosive interview with my old friend Donald Trump that turned acrimonious when I told him I didn’t believe his persistent, unsubstantiated assertion that he had the 2020 US election stolen from him

 

Yet that is exactly what Twitter did last year when they banned him from tweeting, while inexplicably continuing to allow Vladimir Putin, the Supreme Leader of Iran, and Taliban chiefs to have active accounts.

How can that kind of arbitrary, morally inconsistent censorship be right in a supposedly democratic society?

This week, billionaire maverick Elon Musk, who is trying to buy Twitter and restore true free speech to the platform, said: ‘The woke mind virus is making Netflix unwatchable.’

This came after the streaming service’s stock collapsed by 35 per cent following news that 200,000 people had unsubscribed, seemingly bored of the constant virtue-signalling fare on offer.

To give you some idea, Netflix dropped a new comedy series last week called He’s Expecting, about a man who has a baby. If they’d called it She’s Expecting, the woke warriors who laughably claim to be feminist while constantly eradicating women’s rights would have furiously demanded they change it to A Pregnant Person’s Expecting to avoid offending transgender activists.

Musk has spoken before about the ‘woke mind virus’, telling satirical Conservative outlet The Babylon Bee last December it represented ‘a world without humour’. He explained: ‘Generally, I think we should be aiming for a positive society and it should be OK to be humorous. Wokeness basically wants to make comedy illegal, which is not cool. At its heart, wokeness is divisive, exclusionary and hateful. It basically gives mean people a shield to be cruel, armoured in false virtue.’

He’s so right. The people driving this insidious cancel culture mentality profess to be fair, kind, tolerant liberals but in fact they are modern-day fascists intent on dictating how the rest of us lead our lives, and if you deviate from their draconian joyless world view, they rush to vilify, shame, abuse and destroy you. And grovelling to this frenzied self-righteous mob makes no difference.

My other big interview next week is with another old friend, Sharon Osbourne, who was forced out of her US show The Talk after supporting me over the GMB fiasco. She didn’t even say she agreed with my opinions, she just said I was entitled to them.

For that, Sharon was accused of being a racist for backing someone (me!) who’d supposedly also been racist merely by disbelieving Meghan Markle – and bang, despite issuing several fulsome public apologies, she was cancelled, subjected to horrific death threats, and spent the next year in soul-crushing professional purdah until I uncancelled her and brought her to TalkTV to front a new panel show airing after mine called... The Talk!

To hear Sharon tell me the full awful story of what happened to her in the aftermath of her shameful treatment was profoundly shocking. It’s not an exaggeration to say it’s fortunate she is still with us, such was the level of humiliation and disgusting vitriol heaped upon her and her family.

The same thing is happening to other people all over the world, from all walks of life, if they step out of the woke mind virus line. And it’s got to stop.

I started this article with words of anti-woke wisdom from an Australian, and I will end with some more from another.

Cricket genius Shane Warne, a good friend of mine who died so tragically young last month, had it spot on when he said in a documentary about his life: ‘Sometimes, just say get stuffed to the fun police.’

Exactly.

No comments: