Wednesday, March 07, 2018

RECREATIONAL WEED FOR SALE

By Trey Rusk

Running Code 3
March 6, 2018

I recently returned from Lake Tahoe, Nevada. We stayed at Harrahs Resort. California was across the street.

When we arrived, a blizzard hit the area and dumped three to five feet of snow. It was a white out and it was not safe to venture outside the hotel especially at night.

After the storm blew through, snow boarders and skiers arrived from the California Bay Area by the thousands. It was the first significant snow amount for the winter. Snow boarders are a different group of folks. They are loud, brash and high. They don't care about anything but snowboarding. That may sound a little harsh, but they are there for the thrill of the ride. Sadly, one of the snowboarders was lost during the blizzard and died due to the harsh conditions.

I tell you these things about the snowboarders, because I had never seen so many people high on drugs. I have seen drug highs during my LE career, but some of the folks were out of their mind high.

I visited a public restroom and some snow gear clad people were eating gummi bears candy from a sandwich bag. They were arguing with each other about being in Poland and not having enough money. They paid no attention to me as I washed my hands but the situation was getting worse as they yelled at each other.

I have never used marijuana. The stuff they sell now isn't the same as the marijuana grown thirty years ago. It has been high bred and only the bud is used with a higher level of THC. Thus, if you smoked marijuana thirty years ago and then decided to eat a THC infused Gummi Bear today it would be a totally different experience. I saw this difference first hand.

I do not profess to know all about drugs but because of my LE background and life experiences, I believe that marijuana can lead to the use of more potent and harmful drugs. I saw this first hand from my nephew who I used to take on fishing trips with my sons. He graduated from weed to Xanax to heroin in a short amount of time. He died of a heroin overdose the day after leaving a rehab facility. I miss my young nephew and the fun fishing trips.

Recreational marijuana is legal in both states but the business still has a lot of kinks to work through. It is a cash business and banks will not open accounts for them because it is still illegal under federal law.

I know some folks that have been special forces operatives. They tell me that these marijuana businesses are paying huge amounts for asset protection and are recruiting former police and special forces trained people. This is just one of the kinks of the business. Other difficulties include black market sales which seek to evade the high state taxes.

If you are flying from one of the state legalized marijuana locations, beware because the TSA hates Gummi Bears. So much so that they will open commercially packaged Gummi Bears to test for THC. No kidding. I saw it happen.

I had a McDonald's box of chicken tenders and they left it alone.

EDITOR’S NOTE: There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that marijuana is truly a gateway drug.

1 comment:

bob walsh said...

Also the Girl Scouts set up cookie sales stands now right outside pot stores. Snag people with the munchies. It works.