Friday, July 22, 2022

A GRAND FOR A GUN ..... THAT'S $1,000 FOLKS

A ‘Grand for a Gun’: Waco Crime Stoppers launches new program to get illegal guns off the streets

 

KWTX 

July 21, 2022


WACO, Texas - Waco Crime Stoppers has launched a new program named a “Grand for a Gun” with the goal of motivating residents to help police seize illegal guns in the community.

The program is offering rewards up to $1,000 for information leading to a successful seizure of an illegal firearm.

This is the first time in Waco Crime Stoppers history that rewards will be given for anonymous tips that lead to the confiscation of illegal firearms.

ADDENDUM: I checked the comments section for KWTX.  They are running very negative toward this program in Waco, Tx.  I can see this program going sideways quickly.  What is to prevent someone from calling in a tip based upon not liking a person?  How many people can identify an illegal gun?  I certainly hope a magistrate demands a valid search warrant based on a properly sworn affidavit before police can search homes for illegal guns.  I am also bothered by the name of the program. "Grand for a Gun."  Not Grand for an Illegal Gun.  -  Trey Rusk

1 comment:

bob walsh said...

I don't remember EVER seeing a gun with a tag on it that said I AM AN ILLEGAL GUN. I don't ever remember anybody telling me "Hey Dude, see this gun I have here, it is unregistered, I am a prohibited person and I am pretty sure the gun is hot." Of course I have never lived in Waco so one never knows. Quaint local customs and all that.