Sunday, September 22, 2024

SOMETIMES DOING THE RIGHT THING IS HARD

By Bob Walsh


equal night and day 

Fall Equinox 

 

Sunday is the Fall Equinox.  The Equinox actually occurs at about 5:44 a.m. Pacific Coast time.  That is almost exactly one hour before sunrise.  I like to fulfill my religious duties to sacrifice a cat to the sun god when I can see what the hell I am doing.  So I have to either take care of that earlier than I would like to be able to see and technically be an hour late.  Of course is it really the Equinox if you can't see the sun.  Astronomically obviously yes.  For other purposes probably not.  Such things are customarily done at sunrise anyway.  And of course this year there is another advantage.  In CA it is illegal to eat cats, dogs and other animals that are customarily kept as household pets.  Now I could simply ship it to Springfield, Ohio and the carcass would not go to waste.  I am not sure if the post office will ship dead animals.  Sometimes religion is difficult.

No comments: