Wednesday, July 05, 2017

MY FRIENDSHP WITH A CAPYBARA WAS QUITE PAINFUL

Is this the friendliest creature on the planet? The capybara, a giant rodent, gets on with EVERYONE in the animal kingdom

Dauly Mail
July 4, 2017

The capybara is the world's largest rodent, and a highly sociable creature. They have been observed bonding with a huge variety of other animals. Capybara's can grow to around four foot in length and are semi-aquatic

If the animal kingdom were a school, this chap would be the most popular student in every class.

Meet the capybara - the world's largest rodent, which also appears to be the friendliest critter on earth.

The capybara, which can grow to around four feet in length and weigh up to 145lbs, is a highly social semi-aquatic mammal that lives in groups as large as 100, and is native to the forests and marshes of South America.

Images of the furry creatures interacting with just about every other animal you can imagine - from kittens and ducklings to monkeys and a caiman - have been doing the internet rounds of late, and it's easy to see why.

While uncommon, the capybara's intelligence and gentle nature means they can be kept as pets, so long as they have access to a sizeable pool, grass to graze on and friends to keep them company.

In short, it's a wonder Disney hasn't yet cast this delightful creature as the star of an animated film. Perhaps one day it will.

EDITOR’S NOTE: One day in a Peruvian jungle camp I picked up a baby capybara. I retired to a hammock where I cradled the little critter on my chest. I was bare chested, wearing only shorts. All went well for a while until the critter decided it was time to eat. It bit me on one of my nipples. Believe me that was quite painful.

Fuck that breastfeeding shit!

I’ve also been in the Venezuelan savanna where there are thousands of capybara. You can’t go anywhere without stepping in Capybara shit. They are truly friendly critters. I was wading in some hip-deep water when one of the critters rose up right under me. I ended up sitting on its back. The capybara didn’t seem to mind but I decided it was best to get off.

The anaconda’s main diet in the savanna appears to be the capybara. The huge snake has no trouble catching a friendly capybara, then crushing it to death before devouring it.

No comments: